Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What Else is Life For?


If you've read the blog before, you'll know that i'm currently in the process of writing a book that discusses leadership, vision, strategy, etc. I also read a lot of books on the subject matter and last night read an interesting insight on the concept of time.

As individuals, we all have witnessed a leader emerge, power brokered, and influence made. And we could spend hour upon hour discussing his/her qualities that made this leadership come to fruition. But one thing that we all have in common is time. No matter how powerful the individual, influential the leader, or creative the artist, we all are dealt the same amount of time (Sanders).

It's something I had really never stopped to think about. I can complain that I haven't been given equal opportunities, experiences, resources to strengthen my leadership, craft, or art. But I cannot say the same about time. The ways in which I spend my time are crucial to what is produced. If you find yourself glued to the tv, hulu, or XBox; I apologize if i'm hitting too close to home.

So make what you can of the time you're given. Learn, expand, dream, and do!

I'll leave you with a quote/story more poignant than mine...Michelangelo was pressed to finish a large project on time, and someone warned, "This may cost your life!" He replied, "What else is life for?"

Peace,
Ross

No comments: