Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Am Judas.


That's right. I said it. I am Judas.

I have betrayed Jesus. Maybe daily.

I have sold Him out for comfort, personal gain, consumerism, laziness, you name it.

I read this a while back (and in light of it being Holy Week) I found it very appropriate to blog:

Here's what the Bible says about Judas:

"He was personally chosen to be an apostle by Jesus.
He spent 3 1/2 years traveling with Jesus.

He saw all the miracles of Christ in person.

He watched as Christ healed the sick, raised the dead and cast out demons.

In terms of experience with Jesus, whatever you can say about Peter, James and John, you can say about Judas.

On top of all this, he handled the money, which is most of the time the most trusted one in the bunch. No one suspected that Judas would betray Jesus, which tells me he was a believer.

His life was changed.
He knew Jesus personally.

In a dark moment of his life, he made a mistake. A big one. He sold Jesus out for 30 silver coins or so. The moment he knew what he had done, he felt remorse, and he killed himself...What is interesting to me is that in the upper room where Jesus and his disciples shared their last supper together, the 12 disciples all talked about how they were so great. Peter left the room and denied Jesus three times. Judas left the room and sold Jesus out for 30 coins.

One committed suicide, and one went on to build the church as we know it today.
Both Peter and Judas committed the same sin."


READ THE ENTIRE PIECE HERE


So, from one Judas to another, feel free to discuss, debate, and reflect. Its the right time to do that!

Peace,
Ross

No comments: