Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Idol


Did you catch last night's American Idol? I don't usually watch the show. Actually, before last night I've probably seen fewer than 30 min of the show in its 8 year span. Nevertheless, last night I watched in horror for about an hour.

I'm sitting on my couch thinking, "surely some of this is staged...these people can't really think they're good singers?!"

But I may just have been hopeful. I think some of them were really sincere in their critical disbelief.

So what's the issue here?

I'm of the belief that we were all uniquely created with a special talent - something that you can do exceedingly well, that no one else can do.

The problem I see in Idol, is individuals that have been generously lied to and told that their voices were great. Thus, thousands of 16-30 year olds get their hearts broken when the judges simply tell them the truth. For a decade or more, many of these so called singers waste time embracing a lie and miss out on countless opportunities for their truest potential and call.

That's my 2 cents...

-Ross

No comments: