Thursday, January 29, 2009

New Music Thursday

For this Thursday's post, I thought I'd mention some cool new CD's I picked up this week.

First, Ray Lamontagne put out his 3rd full length album, Gossip in the Grain. His voice is like liquid-gritty-velvet mixed with a taste of heaven; well, a sad and morose heaven. Nonetheless, its heavenly.Second, let me mention the new project from Switchfoot frontman, Jon Foreman AND Nickelcreek's guitarist, Sean Watkins, appropriately called Fiction Family. It won't blow your mind, but its worth picking up.


Thirdly and lastly, Elbow, out of the UK...Wow, these guys are mesmerizing! Its like a sexy and organic version of Sting meets Radiohead. I don't know, maybe not, but its caught my attention.

Check em' out online: http://www.elbow.co.uk/index2.html


I hope you all check this stuff out and enjoy!
-Ross

No comments: