Thursday, June 25, 2009

Confess

I was listening to a message by Rob Bell recently on forgiveness. BRILLIANT! He spoke of its continual wave, the fact that it is often key and paramount to discipleship, because it directly influences "the internal posture of our heart."

To top that off, i'm producing a song in my studio with a friend who is hurting from the recent loss of a family friend to suicide.

All of that has combined to make some emotional soup of creativity which I had to write. Here's what came of it this morning...

CONFESS
(c) 2009 Ross Christopher Donaldson

CHORUS
Confess your sins to me and see

That escape of everything that's been

All tied up and strained against your heart

Holding you slave, holding you slave


VERSE 1
I see you and your shadows
I know you're broken down
You're hurting from your holdings
You're tired of the scoldings

Chorus

VERSE 2
Can you breathe like that
Can't you fake it another day
Or are you ready to be
Forgiven and set free

Chorus

BRIDGE
I'm a sinner
I'm a sinner
I'm a sinner

-----------------------------------------------

I hope something in all of that speaks...

There is a freedom.
There is a release.
There is promise!

Peace,
Ross

No comments: