Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thanks Walt!


What can we learn from Walt Disney?

Mind you, this/he isn't my normal litmus test for learning or leading or dreaming or anything really. But today I heard a story about Walt (can I call him Walt?) that resonated and really hit home.

Apparently when Walt Disney introduced a new idea to his board, if at first there was no big push-back, he dumped the idea. That was his cue that it wasn't bold enough!

Brilliant!!!

How easily we fall into plateau and mediocrity, because we're afraid of conflict, ruffling feathers, and the unknown. This stale-ness of inaction and limited dreams is intoxicating and cripples us day after day, week after week, and year after year. It slowly lulls us into an abyss of comfort that we'll never recover from.

So, unless we dream big, vision-cast exponentially, and are willing to take big risks (even at the cost of failure), we will fail to live truly bold lives. I don't know about you, but plateau, mediocrity, and status quo kill me, and leave me empty and robbed.

Thanks Walt!

-Ross

No comments: