Monday, November 15, 2010

Cycles

This past weekend, I had the chance to SLOW DOWN and be still. It's been far too long since I've done this; and the solitude was greatly needed. It allowed me the opportunity and freedom to consider time and the pace of life (at least my pace of life).

Especially since we've had kids, life has flown bye. I'm always surprised by the calendar year and how it catches me off guard. I realized that perhaps the reason for this was that I tend to live my life in cycles. I measure time by the week, projects, to-do lists, big annual events, etc. I think I forget to take solace in the day to day rhythm of things.

Maybe you're like me, maybe not. But regardless, taking time to remember each day, each small event that equals the whole, I believe is a pace worth striving for. It keeps you from always seeking the next best thing (whether it be a task, vacation, or season), and allows you to remain healthy and content in what's provided for you in the here and now - your daily bread.

That's my 2 cents...

Peace,
Ross

No comments: