Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Recording Vocals

Welp, yesterday I recorded 4 tracks of vocals - ALL the vocals on those 4 tracks (lead vox, double vox, harmonies, oooh's and aaahhh's, and a couple yeah's). It went great and the sounds are better than expected. A few weeks back I bought one of these sweet numbers (the Primacoustic VoxGuard) to help with acoustic treatment. Its a sweet $100 fix to a make-shift home studio. Well worth the dollars in my opinion.Now begins the grueling process of listening to the vocals line-by-line and phrase-by-phrase. I like to record everything 3-4 times to give me plenty of options on phrasing, diction, pronunciation, etc. Then I begin comping everything, figuring out proper eq's, and any effects that help the song excel.

You can click the link below and hear some vocal-less tracks and PRE-ORDER the record, BOXES & HUMAN FOG.




That's all i've got for now. Thanks for reading & PEACE!
-Ross

No comments: