Saturday, February 12, 2011

In Need of Sabbath


I'm struggling with the counter-cultural practice of sabbath rest. Its ridiculous that I would struggle to rest. But everything in culture says "do, do, do!" And sadly I fall prey to this mantra and lifestyle. Of all things to resist, i choose rest.

Lately things have been crazy too. I'm juggling a lot of projects, we recently moved, I just got back from a 2-week seminary intensive, and I can feel my ulcers saying "SLOW DOWN!" (if you don't recall, I have 4 severe ulcers)

So I'm going to make a pact to you all today that I'm going to be seeking sabbath; a slowing down of things in pursuit of truly important life that might be getting passed bye. But really, sometimes I just need to close my eyes and rest.

Thanks for hearing me out,
Ross

No comments: