Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mastering the Album

I'm headed to Memphis, TN later today to wrap my album. Tomorrow morning I will be at Ardent Records as they will be mastering the entire album.

Mastering is the delicate science of making a perfect EQ, compression, panning, maximization (where needed), and is the overall final-step in wrapping a recording.

I've worked with the guys at Ardent on 4 different projects for mastering (they are sonic gurus) and I have a blast every time. There's always interesting (industry) folk in the studios recording and mixing. In the past I've run into guys from The Smashing Pumpkins, Huey Lewis & the News, North Mississippi Allstars, and more. Hopefully this trip will be no different.

Also, Memphis has some rockin' BBQ!

More pics and videos tomorrow from the studio...

Peace,
Ross

No comments: