Monday, March 25, 2013

Be Prepared.


I grew up in Boy Scouts.  I earned Eagle, so I guess I'm an Eagle Scout for life.  Having said that, I'm prepared.  It is the scout motto after all...

As a creative, being prepared is one of the most important lessons I've learned through the years.  I cannot tell you how many times I find random pieces of paper, napkins, business cards, etc lying around with bits and pieces of song ideas scribbled on them.

My iPhone has become invaluable!  I have tones of voice memos with melody or riff ideas, recorded.  Some songs are process.  But in my experience, those are the ones that sound like process - and who likes process?

If not for being prepared and having the tools I need in hand, who knows how much creativity might be lost and forgotten?

Peace,
Ross

No comments: