Saturday, March 23, 2013

Some Things Just Write Themselves.


As a songwriter, lyrics and music hit me at all sorts of random times.  Though 80% of the time I write in a similar fashion, I don't have (or prescribe to) "a system."  Having said that, I was finishing up a new single that I've been working on for about a month, called 'Lonely Earth.' 

As I was working on a mixdown, I all of a sudden got this lyric and melody in my head.  Immediately I had to open up a new project and record what was going on in my head.  In about 10 minutes I had recorded the acoustic guitar part and the lead vocal scratch track. 

I played the song for Kate the next morning and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I can't get it out of my head.  Some things you work on for weeks, and some things just write themselves.  I'm consistently surprised by, and with, the creative process!  I'm excited to share more of this process with you in the coming days.

Peace,
Ross

No comments: