Tuesday, January 18, 2011

View from the Rhodes...

Some of you know, some don't, but I'm playing violin for Jeremy Larson at his upcoming CD Release concert and DVD shoot on March 12th at the Gillioz Theatre in Springfield, MO.

This CD is going to turn some heads, I promise! Its a beautiful soundscape of symphonic songwriting featuring Jeremy on piano and guitars, swelling from Jonny Greenwood-esque writing to more intense overdriven-percussion reminiscent of Mutemath, all the while giving the listener something truly unique and original.

Here's a quick video I shot during rehearsal on Monday:


This concert NEEDS TO BE ON YOUR CALENDAR and even deserves a road trip. Darren King (Mutemath) will be on drums for Jeremy's set, and I'll also be playing a few tunes on a side project with Darren, Stacy DuPree (Eisley), and Jeremy. All in all, its gonna' be a good night of music!

I'll make more posts on this as we get closer to the big show.

Peace,
Ross

No comments: