Friday, January 8, 2010

Someday Means Never

Last week I made a post about truly living, taking chances, being willing to fail in the pursuit of your dreams, etc.

This week I wrote a song.

Its a discussion on the ill-fated situation that most of us fall prey too. It's a song about the intoxicating blandness that is comfort (and I'm as addicted as anyone!). Comfort blurs passion and dream beyond recognition to the point that its nearly forgotten. Comfort is plateau and status quo. Comfort is "the way we've always done it." Comfort has to go!

So here's a song/poem about dreaming and doing nothing about it. Enjoy!

Someday Means Never
(c) 2010 Ross Christopher Donaldson

(Chorus)

Someday means never, I know
Someday is clever lies

Someday means I don't want to

Someday never happens



(Verse 1)
You've got your dreams of what to do
Carry them out and be
Freedom looks and stares you down
Do it now or die slowly

(Verse 2)
Tomorrow comes and next year's here
Comfort killed the great belief
Triumph lost to complacent
The slow death set it (the slow death set in)

Bridge
I chose this way
I chose to be
I lost my dream

And comfort is hell

No comments: